Finding removalists is a relatively simple task. All you have to do is to go online and do a search on Google and you can come up with more choices than you can check. You can also just go by the recommendations of the people that you know.
Things are a bit more complicated however if you have antique furniture. You can’t let anyone move or even touch those pieces. A little damage could affect their value and ruin it all for you.
Finding the Right Removalist to for Antique Furniture
Moving antique pieces poses certain problems. Furniture like that are usually fragile already and because of their age they cannot really withstand tough handling. It would not be a smart thing to handle them roughly. They can also have some sentimental value for you, which would make it priceless.
Whatever the reason is why your antique furniture is valuable for you, you need to see to it that they are handled in the right way. You have to see to it that you can hire the right removalist.
Qualities to Look for
Here are some qualities that you need to consider when looking for a good removalist:
- They should have a good amount of related experience. They might have been in the home removal business for decades but if they can’t show that they have handled antiques then it would be pointless hiring them.
- Look for a company that has been affiliated with auction houses. That is one proof that they have handled precious pieces before.
- When you speak with their representative, you can ask them questions regarding handling antiques and you can tell if they know anything about it or not.
- They should advertise that they can handle antiques and give you references.
Those are just some of the qualities that you need to consider when you are looking for a removalist who can take care of antiques.
Services That They Can Provide
A removalist who can handle antiques can offer the following services:
- The pickup and the delivery of antiques pieces.
- Help in packing and unpacking of the furniture. This is especially useful if the piece is very valuable.
- Providing of adequate and secure storage facility if there is a need for that.
These are just some of the things that you can keep in mind when it comes to finding a removalist who can handle antiques.